Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Story

So my last post pretty much summed up everything that went on last week EXCEPT my return visit to my doctor on Wednesday. Everything was supposed to be return, run in for a quick shot and run out. Well that didn't happen.

**Wednesday**
Got to the doctor, about 10 mins before my appointment, but ended up sitting and waiting for about 30 mins. When I got up to ask the nurse how long it would because my blood sugar was dropping(or so I thought, I had massive cold sweats) I realized that I couldn't really hear what she was saying and then I noticed there were black spots all around her and I was holding onto the counter for dear life! Thankfully there was a nurse right behind me with a wheelchair and running me down to an exam room. They checked my oxygen and I was breathing at 88%, which isn't good, and also my blood sugar was 144, which is very high for fasting.

Needless to say they got me stable and sent me straight to the hospital. I got checked in, hooked up to some lovely drugs and rested.

I was in the hospital 2 1/2 days. I'm feeling OK now, still don't have all my energy back, partially due to my lungs and partially due to my meds making me drowsy.

I went to church today with the plan to leave after Sacrament because I knew I wouldn't be able to make it the whole time. I never realized until today how long our halls are! Our building is the Stake Center so it's larger, but a girl with pneumonia and carrying scriptures and a purse, it's huge!!!

Well I'm off, nice nap this afternoon. I should be headed back to work Wednesday!

Love,
Calla

0 comments: