Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Gotta Blow the Dust Off!!

Hey Folks,
It's been awhile since I posted anything. This summer has been a whirlwind of excitement and activity! I love being busy, but I also enjoy the time like now where I can relax without any worries. I will try to post events in order.

May:
Jeff ran his first marathon!!! He did so awesome!! He ran the Brookings Marathon in Brookings, South Dakota. They had an amazing route!! TONS of bike trails and perfect weather, only one section with hills. It's a college town so it was pretty calm while we were there. Jeff's dad took Ellie(their dog) and kept up with him most of the way and then we all met up at mile 17 and cheered him on. Everytime we would see him he was just all smiles! I would cry almost everytime because I was just so stinkin' happy for him!!! As he crossed the finish line they announced that this was his first marathon and there were cheers and applaud and then they announced that he lost over 150lbs. to run the race and the place just erupted!! I cried, he cried, his parents cried...IT WAS AWESOME!!!!**I will get pictures soon, need to borrow my in laws memory card**




June:
June 5th we were sealed for time and all eternity in the Winter Quarters Temple. We are so happy that so many people came to join us in this special event. We are very fortunate to have families who support us. We have been going to the temple ever week pretty much and we are so glad to do the work that needs to be done and continue to bless our marriage. Here a TON of pictures from our temple sealing. Special thanks to Zola for doing our photos!! She did our wedding photos as well and I wouldn't have wanted anyone else!



July:
WE HAVE AN ANSWER!!! Jeff will enter Basic Training in San Antonio, Texas August 30th!! I can't remember the official title of his job, but he's basically going to be a plane electrician. It was on his job list, but towards the bottom. We have talked about it and if he doesn't like this he's going to have 20 years to train in something else. With him leaving came with alot of things for me. I quit my job at Wal-Mart and now work at West Communications as an XM Radio Rep. I take inbound calls. I get Suns & Weds off and work 2p-10p. My body was starting to really strain with me standing for 8 hours a day so this is a very nice change! After Jeff graduates Basic I will more than likely moving to Montgomery, Alabama to live with my sister and her family for 3mths while Jeff is in Tech. School in Biloxi, Mississippi which is only 3 hours away. Not sure what I'm going to do there yet, but praying that I will be able to become an at home agent with West, which means I stay home and take calls.


PHEW!! I think that is pretty much it!

I hope and pray everything is well with all our friends and family!!
Love,
The Hines

1 comments:

becca said...

i didn't know you had a blog! I love the temple pictures! so cute...what a special day. So glad you are going to the temple often. I need to step it up!
yea! you got a new job!
it looks like you guys are happy. keep me informed!