Monday, September 27, 2010

Oh Boy!!

Hey Folks,

So a lot has actually changed since I last posted (I seem to say that a lot).

August:
Got all moved in to the in-laws, life is going good there. Kicked Jeff off to Basic Training at Lackland Air Force Base in Texas-I cried like a baby!!!!

My handsome husband his first Sunday at Lackland AFB!



September:
Got all signed up for my lovely military insurance(woot!). Took an OB Orientation class that is mandatory on base...LOVED IT!! It was pretty cool, I think every first time parent should have to take the class. There was one couple expecting their third in the class, I think that's a little much. In order to even make your doctors appointment you have to take the class no matter what. After that I got to have 7 viles of blood taken and a 1 hour glucose test done...JOY!!! I will be getting my numbers on Wednesday at my doctors appointment so I'm hoping all is well.

We have a month left until Jeff graduates from Basic Training and moves on to Tech. School!!! I get to see him soon!!!! It's hard being away from him, but I know it's for the best. I'm sure it's only going to get worse especially as the pregnancy goes on and more changes occur. He now gets to call home weekly, which I love!! He is also writing as much as he can. He is in a great ward on base there. They have about 150-200 members and he is in a band flight that has 4 members in it so he's surrounded by good. When he called home Sunday he sounded pretty tired, he said he had a lot to get done and it was already 7 at night.

Biggest news for me is that I quit my job!!! I went in on Friday and gave my recognation. I was so tired of working my tail off for nothing. Plus being sick and leaving early wasn't helping me any either. It's going to be hard for us at first, but this is what I wanted to do. I want to be a stay at home mom and I'm very grateful that the Air Force is helping our family do that. I will be saving 40 miles roundtrip on my car everyday.

I also switched wards to Bellevue 2nd ward. It's another stake, but it's only about 10 minutes down the road from where I'm living so once again I'll be saving mileage. After talking to my old Bishop I knew it was the best move for me to make. Heavenly Father calls us all to an area for a reason and I believe mine was to love 3 very energetic little boys and help them get to the waters of baptism. I was released from my calling as primary teacher for the 7-8 year olds and I cried like a baby!! I look forward to see where "my boys" go, they are sweet spirits.


Well I think that is all for now!!
Love,
Calla
"The 'single' knocked up lady:-P"

1 comments:

The Special K's(0: said...

Hurray! I'm so glad you found me so I could find you back!(0: Congratulations on your hubbies grand Air Force adventure, and I feel for you on the pregnancy blood draws. Seriously, lol, are they secretly supplying vampires? I'm looking forward to keeping up on what's going on in your sweet life(0: Thanks for sharing!